Thursday, January 27, 2011

One week goes by in a flash!

I had my 37 week appointment on Tuesday. It was fairly uneventful. We discussed doing an internal next week to see if there is any progress being made. Dr. T also informed me that he plans to start Pitocin as soon as the baby is born to help control blood loss. I'm terrified of loosing as much blood as I did with Noelle. Dr. T tried to convince me that the second baby is much easier to deliver than the first but I wasn't buying it. He said I *probably* won't hemorrhage again - reassuring, right? Not so much.

Aaron was able to make this appointment so between their jabber I forgot to ask what the heartbeat was and how big I am measuring. But he said baby sounds great and feels like he weights around 5-6 pounds. Noelle was born 4 days before 40 weeks and only weighed 7 pounds, 1 ounce. Dr. T thinks baby brother will be about the same.

How far along? 37 weeks

Weight gain? +25 pounds total.

Sleep? Last night I slept great but over the past week I've barely gotten any sleep. My bladder seems to be filled to the rim and never empties completely. I didn't think it was possible to pee every 30 minutes.

Best moment this week? Finally reaching full-term and checking things off of my to-do list.

Food cravings? Cereal and sweets.

What I miss. Sleep - which I understand I won't get for another year or so.

What I'm looking forward to. Holding my baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment