Monday, January 17, 2011

9 months pregnant today!

How far along? 36 weeks

Weight gain? My weekly appointment isn't until Wednesday but I'm guessing I'm up 20 pounds, maybe 22...or 25.

Sleep? What's that? The past three days I've been suffering from heartburn which feels like my lungs and throat are on fire. I start off in our bedroom and eventually end up on the couch watching TV from 3am to 5am. I suppose it is preparing me for all of the upcoming sleepless nights.

Food cravings? Water, water and more water. I drink several bottles of water a day - which leads to peeing every 10 minutes.

What I miss. Sleep.

What I'm looking forward to. I'm looking forward to my appointment this week because I'll find out if there is any progress so far. Hopefully there will be something going on. I'm not looking to go past 39 weeks.

What's happening with baby this month:

9 Months (36-40 weeks)

Halfway through the ninth month, your baby will be considered full term.

Your baby weighs about 6 to 8 pounds and is approximately 17 - 20 inches in length. Even though your baby is gaining rapidly, you may find that your weight remains the same. Some moms even report dropping a pound or two in the last month. During the month, your baby will grow 2 more inches in height and 2 ½ pounds in body fat. He should be in the head down position by now. Some babies drop more into the pelvis in the 38th week in preparation for delivery. This should take some pressure off your ribs, but will add some to your bladder. At nine months, the placenta weighs in at 1 ½ pounds and the umbilical cord is over two feet long.

1 comment: