Thursday, January 13, 2011

35 weeks, 5 to go :)

Well, 5 or so :)

Once I hit 35 weeks, I became a crazy person. I'm in serious nesting mode - no closet, drawer or cabinet is safe from being organized. I can't believe how overwhelming the need to get things done is. I actually had to force myself to go to bed last night instead of staying up to re-organize the pantry.

On Sunday I organized Noelle's closet and dresser - and while doing so removed two boxes worth of clothes she's already outgrown since the beginning of Fall.

On Monday I took out all of the clothes in my closet and organized it. I absolutely HATE hanging up clothes. I wish I had floor to ceiling drawers.

On Tuesday I decided that it's time to wash baby brother's Newborn clothes, socks, burp cloths and blankets. My best friend, Kim, reminded me that those tiny outfits shrink in the dryer so I went out on Wednesday and bought a drying rack which has been great.

Today I started putting a few items in his diaper bag to get ready for the hospital. So far I have three teeny outfits, burp cloths, his "Little Brother" bib, and socks. I also put a couple of things in my suitcase - 2 nursing tanks, yoga pants, nursing bras and socks.

In Baby Brother's closet I hung up a few washed newborn outfits and his 0-3 months clothes.

In one dresser drawer I folded the Newborn onesies and pant/jacket outfits.
And on the changing table I gathered all of the diapers and organized the bins to hold blankets, wipes, genie refills, etc.
My "plan" is to naturally go into labor and spend several hours at home before going to the hospital. With Noelle we went in at 6am when contractions were 5 minutes apart and spent the entire day there - she was finally born at 9:58pm. Sixteen hours of labor at the hospital again? No thanks.

But once again that's more like a wish - only God knows what's going to happen and I trust in Him completely. Overall I just want baby out safely and whatever needs to be done for that to happen is going to be okay with me in the end.

I'm working on a list of things that still need to be done:

*Finish the hospital/home visitor favors - and when I say finish I mean actually do them.
*Pack Noelle's bag for Grandma and Grandpa's house
*Get a few final items for baby brother (pacifiers, swaddle blankets, hamper)
*Pack my bag for the hospital

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! I can't wait until Baby N makes his arrival!

    ReplyDelete