Thursday, February 10, 2011

Walking and Waiting

February sure is flying by. Every day I try to tell myself that it's one day closer to meeting my son, but I usually see it as another day I didn't go into labor. I know I'm not 40 weeks yet but I'm so close and I know that every day that passes is a day closer to being induced.
Come on, body - get with it!

My appointment with Dr. T on Tuesday went well. I'm still only 1 cm dilated but I'm now 70% effaced and baby is sitting pretty at +1 station. I was hoping to have made more progress but Dr. T thinks that I won't dilate until labor begins - which is common in 2nd pregnancies.

Aaron and I are praying, praying, praying that I'll go into labor on my own - but if it doesn't happen by the 17th it looks like I'll need to go in to be induced. :-(

The cramps that I've had the past several days have gone away. I'm not sure if I should be glad or bummed about their disappearance. I am still very uncomfortable and haven't been getting more than 3 hours of sleep at night but I'm hanging in there. It's not like I'm miserable, I just very much want to experience going into labor naturally. Not too much to ask, right? So in the meantime Noelle and I are keeping busy with trips to the park and walks around the block.

Here's my very tired-looking 39 week picture.

How far along? 39 weeks

Weight gain? +25 pounds total

Sleep? Nope. I'm usually awake from 3am - 7am.

Food cravings? Nothing.

What I miss. Regular clothes.

What I'm looking forward to. Having this baby! Come on little guy - get out!

No comments:

Post a Comment