Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Due Date!


It's Valentine's Day! I can't tell you how many times during my pregnancy I said I wouldn't make it to the 14th, and here I sit, 40 weeks pregnant. I feel great, nothing to complain about. In fact, I was humbly reminded yesterday after hearing some horrible news that it's not a curse to be 10 months pregnant, rather a blessing to be able to carry a child to full term.

Thank you, Lord, for this child and Noelle. I am in awe of what you have given me.

I saw Dr. T this morning and there hasn't been any change since last week. I was bummed to hear that but I'm willing to wait it out as long as Dr. T will let me. I made the mistake of telling him that baby hasn't been moving as often as he usually does and of course he went crazy ordering tests.

First I was set up in the monitor room for a NST (non-stress test) which came back great, then I was sent over to the hospital and admitted for another NST and biophysical ultrasound. Basically they just checked the position of the baby and fluids. Everything was perfect there also. Noah scored an 8 out of 8! I have no idea what that means but sounds good, right?

During my NST the nurse asked if the contractions were hurting. Contractions? Apparently they are coming every 4-6 minutes. I feel a pain in my back but they aren't painFUL. Just a dull ache. Nothing compared to the contractions I was having on Pitocin with Noelle. Crossing my fingers that they'll get stronger today and we'll meet Noah soon! :-)


1 comment: