Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Coccydynia













Coccydynia is the inflammation of the coccyx and is very painful. I experienced it when pregnant with Noelle and even more so after giving birth to her and unfortunately have had severe tailbone pain since about 8 weeks this time. Dr. T believes that my coccyx never healed after Noelle and therefore became irritated early on with this baby.

I've found that the best position to deal with it is laying on my side or sitting with my feet elevated - but not for more than 30 minutes. Long periods of sitting make it very difficult to move around. Yesterday was probably the worst it has been so far. I rearranged kitchen cabinet contents and afterward was in tears from the pain. Aside from the coccydynia I would have no idea that I'm pregnant. I am feeling great - not nauseous or overly exhausted anymore. Thank goodness for 2nd trimester!

No comments:

Post a Comment