Wednesday, January 19, 2011

36 Week Appointment

It was good to see Dr. T after having to see Dr. E the past two appointments. Dr. T is always so reassuring and easy-going. Just the personality you want your OBGYN to have. Today I had the Group B Strep test done as well as the usual weight, blood pressure, baby's measurement and baby's heartbeat. My blood pressure is great, baby is measuring 35 weeks, and heartbeat was 150. Notice how I skipped weight :)

I called Dr. T's office on Monday because of bad cramping (very low) but the office was closed for MLK Day so I stayed home and rested (after a quick Target trip). The cramps have been on and off since so I was able to ask Dr. T about them. He said it's baby's head moving down the canal. Baby is *really* low so every move he makes with his head is painful.

I also asked when I should call if I start having contractions. His advice is to go to the hospital if I think I'm in labor. I told him my "plan" of laboring at home as long as possible but he recommends I go in right away - which I told him I wasn't going to do. He laughed and said, "I didn't think so."

My appointments are every week now until baby brother arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment